Sision Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sision Forums

Sision forums. One step closer to true gaming.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  ChatboxChatbox  

Super Mario 64

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RG_Frost
Admin
Admin
RG_Frost

Location : Somewhere over the rainbow.........kicking your ass.

Super Mario 64 Empty
PostSubject: Super Mario 64   Super Mario 64 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Super Mario 64

I enjoyed the game, but now it's time to take a closer look at it.

Story/Gameplay

Ok, well the Italian plumber we all know and love, Mario, is invited to Peach's castle. Once you arrive, a Lakitu with a camera is there, just to give you your view ability. Here you have the freedom to run around the castle courtyard.

Once you enter the castle you hear bowser's laugh and you find out that he stole the princess and the 150 stars in the castle. He escapes into the paintings all around the castle with the power of the stars, thus bringing them to life. They create the worlds you must go in to gain stars, fight bowser, rescue Princess Peach, and restore the stars to the castle.

Overall, the story is epic, but what about the gameplay?

Ok, well The controls are kind of annoying, but after a while, you get used to it. In the game, Mario is able to do a lot of cool tricks and moves along with twisting the game around with all the strange, but awesome worlds.
I'm glad that they turned a lot of worlds into something else besides paintings for example, the underwater world you get to through the hole in the wall, or Boo's castle which you get to through a cage.

Sadly, there are some glitches found in the game which will take away from the rating. For example, once all stars are collected, a cannon will be active that sends you flying to the roof of the castle. There, you meet a Yoshi that tells you congrats you beat the game etc. Well, you are able to get on the roof through a glitch before you retrieve all 150 stars. Even then, yoshi will tell you the same thing. Another glitch, if you are under water, you eventually lose breath. Well, in this glitch, if you do a hand stand under water, and Mario's feet are out of the water, he doesn't need to breath under water. His feet will act as his head and breath. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!?!?

Overall, gameplay is pretty good!

Sound/Music

Well, I'm glad that there wasn't much voice acting besides peach saying a few words, Mario's "Mama Mia" and "It'sa me, Mario!", and the sound affects of bowser's growling to the boo's chuckling.

Music was great! I loved the castle music, but some of the music in the worlds would get reallly annoying. They did a great job on music and I like the idea of the sound effects of the birds and other things when you are outside. I prefer that instead of music.

Sound effects kicked ass and are very similar to the ones used now. I hated bowser's growl, though. It got on my nerves. Every few minutes you something happens where you hear him growl.

From the music to the sound, they did a decent job.

Graphics

For an early Nintendo 64 game, the graphics were great! Mario was made perfect, and the ripple effects when you jumped into the paintings was amazing! The goomba's, although, took on a wierd look. Along with Bowser. He looked just plain wierd. HIS HEAD IS FREAKING HUGE!!!! Check out this screenshot.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/super-mario-64-screenshot-bowser-large.jpg

My point is proven.

Anyway, the graphics were awesome for an early N64 game.

So, ready for the rating? Super Mario 64 was a hit and was even remade for the Nintendo DS! It's made with improved graphics, extra playable characters, extras, minigames, and an improved storyline! This game was awesome and I would suggest getting it. Since they don't sell N64 games in stores anymore, you should get the NDS version to enjoy it even more!

Rating: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://sisionforums.rpg-board.net
ultrachoas547
Level 1
Level 1
ultrachoas547

Super Mario 64 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 64   Super Mario 64 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:35 pm

NICE REASNOBALE RATING Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Super Mario 64
Page 1 of 1